Memories of Ebony Reigns that would make you miss her this very moment
This young soul is none other than lovable Dancehall diva, Ebony Reigns.
Her death has shocked everyone because it was least expected since Ebony was not sick prior to her untimely demise.
Tillylive.com brings you 7 beautiful memories of Ebony in which she made Ghanaians so proud.
1. Youngest female musician ever: At the time when the Ghana music industry was suffering a nose-dive, Ebony Reigns came from nowhere to revive it again.
She was Ghana’s youngest female musician. At the age of 20 years, Ebony had released not less than 5 hit songs and this was phenomenal because it had never happen in the industry until then.
2.. Female musician with more music video: Ebony was the first female musician in Ghana’s music industry to have released official videos for most of her music. She had captivating videos for “Maame Hw3”, “Sponsor”, “Hustle”, “Kupe”, and “Dancefloor”, her first ever song released in 2015.
3. Back to Back hit songs: Ebony will go down as the youngest female musician who churned out back to Back hit songs during her early but short life in the music industry. Her songs include ‘Maame Hw3’, ‘Poison’, ‘Hustle’, ‘Date your Father’. All her songs, especially Maame Hw3 is still enjoying massive airplay.
4. Enviable Awards: At age 20, Ebony had already lay her hands on 2 prestigious Awards. In the latter part of 2017, she won the BASS Artiste of the Year and also Best Female Musician of the Year the People’s Choice Awards organized by GN Bank.
She beat the likes of Stonebwoy, Samini, Joyce Blessing, Becca, Efya, Diana Hamilton and others to win those two Awards.
She later tipped herself as the ultimate winner this year’s GHANA Music Awards. Other entertainment pundits including Bulldog also tipped Ebony to win that award.
5. Kasapreko Deal: Once again? Ebony remained the youngest female artiste to land a juicy deal with a giant company like Kasapreko. She was unveiled as the brand ambassador of Hi5 chocomalt from the staples of Kasapreko.
Though details of that deal was not made public, it is said to be one that every artiste would want to have. Ebony herself expressed her excitement for that contract in one of her Instagram posts.
6. Firm, focused and strong: Undoubtedly, Ebony was very firm and focused in that she never allowed sharp criticisms to bring her down.
The Year 2017 Witnessed her dominating the news headline not for the good reasons but rather bad because she was heavily condemned for her style of dressing and grooming.
7. Album Launch: Ebony remained the first female musician to launch an album within two years of starting music. The album, Bonified” was launched at Golden Tulip Hotel last November.
The followed up the launch with a free-of-charge- show for her fans at the Westhills Mall.
The list goes on and on but at YEN.com.gh, this is how we fondly remember Ebony Reigns, born Pricilla Opoku-Kwarteng.
She met her untimely death on Friday, February 9,2018 in a gory accident in the Ashanti Region.
She died with two others who were on board the vehicle with her.
Ebony was reported to be returning from the Brong Ahafo Region, where she had gone to visit her mother who had just returned from the US.
Loads of tribute have been pouring out for the lost soul.
President Nana Akufo-Addo and former President John Dramani Mahama have paid emotional tribute to Ebony.
Nana Ama McBrown, Afia Schwarzenegger, Sonnie Badu are some of the celebrities who have also paid tribute to Ebony.